Preparing for boot camp is usually fun, but you have to go through all the paperwork and testing to know or rather find out how you will lose weight before you finally append your signature. If your weight is a bit high, you do not need to fear as most of the boot camps, apart from TEAM-bootcamp, will measure your fat percentage in the body before you progress. A lot of muscle training will be needed in order to be ready for your weight loss camp. There are various simple ways that you will have to lose weight in boot camp.
- Ensure that you cut out sweet treats, soda and sugar from your diet. You will not be allowed to take any of the above drinks while in boot camp, so just set them aside. Before you are deployed to your particular boot camp, you will lose weight and at the same time be enabled to get rid of any shock that your body may be going through.
- Depending on the amount of weight you need to lose, ensure that you exercise at least 3 to 5 days a week in the first one or two months before you leave for boot camp. Alternate your workouts each day. Through this, you will be preparing your body for the training that will undergo at your base.
- Drink lots of water. Water will have to keep you hydrated, flush out toxins as well as regulating your digestive system. Try to drink water before you have any meal, eat your meal, and then finish with another glass of water. You will realize that you are eating less food and filling up on water.
- Make sure that each day you complete three sets of fifteen push-ups, apart from your normal workout time. This way, you will be able to turn the excess body fat to lean muscles, thus aiding in losing weight. Always, it is normal and a routine that every branch or base camp of the military has to conclude their training with a physical training. This test usually involves a specified number of push-ups, a one mile run and sit ups.
- Always have your body weight and fat percentage checked at your frequented local gym. Most of the time, even if you are over the military weight requirement while at the same time your body fat percentage is falling at a certain percentage, then you may still pass the Military Entrance Processing Station and proceed to the weekend boot camp. In reality, lean muscles will actually weigh more than fats. As you work out so as to increase strength and at the same time put on muscles, you may realize that your weight is not dropping as you intended, but instead your body will be smaller.